Blue Ant Media is an international media company that creates, distributes and broadcasts content. Our brands, which include Cottage Life, Love Nature, Omnia, Smithsonian Channel Canada, Makeful and T+E, engage fans through passion categories ranging from nature to DIY and outdoor living to music.
Our brands are a product of our employees who are passionate experts in all of these areas. They are fanatical about creating outstanding content and experiences; and enthusiastic about delivering it on new and evolving platforms.
We actively seek out people who embody our core values—optimism, creativity, entrepreneurism, agility and integrity. We attract creative talents who are optimistic about the evolving future of content and who take pride in seeing opportunity where others see challenges. We encourage employees to think like small business owners by taking ownership on projects and giving them the flexibility to take risks and embrace an evolving media landscape. Our team members excel at collaborating with internal and external partners and our culture fosters sharing ideas and treating all people with respect.
Are you one of us?
Job postings at Blue Ant Media:
Senior UI/UX Designer
- Close Date
- 31 Mar 2017
- Merton Street
Blue Ant Media is a privately held international media company that owns and operates 10 media brands including Cottage Life, Love Nature, Smithsonian Channel Canada and Makeful. Blue Ant Media creates and distributes content worldwide ranging from nature to DIY, outdoor living to music, engaging fans across television, digital, magazines and live events. The company also owns Omnia Media, a YouTube network and Choice TV, a broadcast channel in New Zealand. Blue Ant Media is based in Toronto and has offices in Los Angeles, London (UK) and Auckland.
Senior Product Designer - Full Time
Blue Ant Media is hiring an experienced UX/UI designer to help guide the creation of new mobile, web and connected TV products. Reporting to the VP Product Development, you will help lead design thinking, process and execution for all Blue Ant products. You will have responsibility to will work closely with development leads to build beautiful and engaging products across Blue Ant’s key brands and verticals, such as Nature, DIY and Gaming.
This is a unique opportunity to help drive product innovation inside one of Canada’s top media companies and help shape products that will entertain, educate and connect millions of people worldwide with amazing content.
Responsibilities & What We’re Looking For:
- Design BAM products through all stages of the product lifecycle (ideation, prototype, beta, launch, iteration);
- Bring strong understanding of usability principles and lean design approaches/practices to the BAM product team;
- Make difficult design decisions where required based on input from business, engineering and other stakeholders;
- Work closely with independent contractors, design partners and Blue Ant teams in Los Angeles and the UK. Promote a culture of building, measuring, learning and iterating;
- Comfortably produce multiple design solutions to a problem and work with other team members to interpret and incorporate feedback into effective design improvements;
- Represent and advocate for the customer/user’s perspective during internal and external product meetings;
Key Qualifications & Experience
- 5+ years proven design experience
- Fantastic communication and collaboration skills and a love for working creatively with others
- Has substantial experience designing and shipping consumer products across multiple platforms (mobile and web are a must; experience with connected/smart TV and VR are strong assets)
- Strong understanding of and experience with rapid prototyping and A/B testing
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Entrepreneurial spirit – drive to innovate, deliver great results, and work collaboratively with really smart people
Blue Ant Media celebrates diversity in both its programming and workforce. We encourage applications from individuals of all backgrounds who are eligible to work in Canada.
We thank all candidates for their interest in Blue Ant Media and we will reach out to those candidates that are under consideration. If you are contacted for an interview and require an accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise Human Resources.
Visit us at www.BlueAntMedia.ca.