Blue Ant Media is an international media company that creates, distributes and broadcasts content. Our brands, which include Cottage Life, Love Nature, Omnia, Smithsonian Channel Canada, Makeful and T+E, engage fans through passion categories ranging from nature to DIY and outdoor living to music.
Our brands are a product of our employees who are passionate experts in all of these areas. They are fanatical about creating outstanding content and experiences; and enthusiastic about delivering it on new and evolving platforms.
We actively seek out people who embody our core values—optimism, creativity, entrepreneurism, agility and integrity. We attract creative talents who are optimistic about the evolving future of content and who take pride in seeing opportunity where others see challenges. We encourage employees to think like small business owners by taking ownership on projects and giving them the flexibility to take risks and embrace an evolving media landscape. Our team members excel at collaborating with internal and external partners and our culture fosters sharing ideas and treating all people with respect.
Are you one of us?
Job postings at Blue Ant Media:
Intern, Office Production Assistant
- Close Date
- 31 Mar 2017
- Merton Street
WE CONNECT PEOPLE TO THEIR PASSIONS THROUGH GREAT CONTENT
Blue Ant Media is a privately held international media company that owns and operates 10 media brands including Cottage Life, Love Nature, Smithsonian Channel Canada and Makeful. Blue Ant Media creates and distributes content worldwide ranging from nature to DIY, outdoor living to music, engaging fans across television, digital, magazines and live events. The company also owns Omnia Media, a YouTube network and Choice TV, a broadcast channel in New Zealand. Blue Ant Media is based in Toronto and has offices in Los Angeles, London (UK) and Auckland.
Office Production Assistant Intern (Media Student)
The Production Department is seeking a bright and enthusiastic Intern to assist with the creation of natural history and lifestyle programming. All applicants must be enrolled in a College or University media-based program, which requires a field placement to graduate. This is an excellent opportunity for a go-getter who is looking for hands-on experience and a chance to get their foot in the door.
- Assisting the production team with related research.
- General office help and administration.
- Maintenance of office and office supplies.
- Aiding with pre- and post-production tasks.
- Assisting in the completion of deliverables.
- In the future, you will have the opportunity to assist on shoots and support productions in the field.
Key Qualifications & Experience
- All applicants must be enrolled in a College or University program that is media-based, and the placement must go towards a school credit.
- Excellent time management, administrative, and problem solving skills.
- The ability to perform under tight deadlines and in a fast-paced environment.
- An interest in natural history and lifestyle programming is an asset.
- Experience using Word, Excel, and Avid Media Composer is considered an asset.
Note: This is an unpaid internship with a weekly travel reimbursement. All internships must be part of a school program.
Blue Ant Media celebrates diversity in both its programming and workforce. We encourage applications from individuals of all backgrounds who are eligible to work in Canada.
We thank all candidates for their interest in Blue Ant Media and we will reach out to those candidates that are under consideration. If you are contacted for an interview and require an accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise Human Resources.
Visit us at www.BlueAntMedia.ca.