Blue Ant Media is an international media company that creates, distributes and broadcasts content. Our brands, which include Cottage Life, Love Nature, Omnia, Smithsonian Channel Canada, Makeful and T+E, engage fans through passion categories ranging from nature to DIY and outdoor living to music.
Our brands are a product of our employees who are passionate experts in all of these areas. They are fanatical about creating outstanding content and experiences; and enthusiastic about delivering it on new and evolving platforms.
We actively seek out people who embody our core values—optimism, creativity, entrepreneurism, agility and integrity. We attract creative talents who are optimistic about the evolving future of content and who take pride in seeing opportunity where others see challenges. We encourage employees to think like small business owners by taking ownership on projects and giving them the flexibility to take risks and embrace an evolving media landscape. Our team members excel at collaborating with internal and external partners and our culture fosters sharing ideas and treating all people with respect.
Are you one of us?
Job postings at Blue Ant Media:
Director, Consumer Marketing
Marketing & Communications
- Close Date
- 17 Apr 2017
- Merton Street
Blue Ant Media is a privately held international media company that owns and operates 10 media brands including Cottage Life, Love Nature, Smithsonian Channel Canada and Makeful. Blue Ant Media creates and distributes content worldwide ranging from nature to DIY, outdoor living to music, engaging fans across television, digital, magazines and live events. The company also owns Omnia Media, a YouTube network and Choice TV, a broadcast channel in New Zealand. Blue Ant Media is based in Toronto and has offices in Los Angeles, London (UK) and Auckland.
Director, Consumer Marketing
Reporting to the VP Cottage Life Media, we have an immediate opening for a seasoned consumer marketing professional with proven success in growing (print and digital) magazine circulation and revenue and demonstrated skills in strategic and innovative planning to fill this key senior leadership role on the Print Publishing team.
- Create and execute audience development strategies for 3 magazines and 2 regional editions, including the award-winning Cottage Life and Outdoor Canada, driving both readership and revenue growth
- Manage strategic/business planning for the department, including budgeting and expense management and forecasting
- Work closely with the Director of Marketing and Director Digital to plan and execute marketing campaigns for the publications
- Oversee development, execution, and regular analysis of subscription and newsstand campaigns and sales
- Manage and evolve strategic external partnerships to build circulation, including with industry associations and Cottage Life’s Ambassador distribution program
- Oversee magazine’s circulation sales presence at the Cottage Life consumer shows
- Build and manage a digital edition strategy
- Lead and coach a team of 2 dedicated circulation professionals
Key Qualifications & Experience
- 10+ years in circulation/marketing roles, including at least 5 years in a management position
- Proven leadership, sales and relationship-building skills with internal colleagues and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated success in subscription marketing and maintenance
- Established record of building single-copy sales
- Experience with predictive modeling in magazine marketing
- Experience in successfully developing and implementing creative for various circulation campaigns
- Demonstrated understanding of the digital magazine space and opportunities for growth
- Passionate follower of emerging digital marketing trends with an eye for how they can be integrated into the business
- Collaborative, team player with great interpersonal skills
Blue Ant Media celebrates diversity in both its programming and workforce. We encourage applications from individuals of all backgrounds who are eligible to work in Canada. We thank all candidates for their interest in Blue Ant Media and we will reach out to those candidates that are under consideration. If you are contacted for an interview and require an accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise Human Resources.