Blue Ant Media is an international media company that creates, distributes and broadcasts content. Our brands, which include Cottage Life, Love Nature, Omnia, Smithsonian Channel Canada, Makeful and T+E, engage fans through passion categories ranging from nature to DIY and outdoor living to music.
Our brands are a product of our employees who are passionate experts in all of these areas. They are fanatical about creating outstanding content and experiences; and enthusiastic about delivering it on new and evolving platforms.
We actively seek out people who embody our core values—optimism, creativity, entrepreneurism, agility and integrity. We attract creative talents who are optimistic about the evolving future of content and who take pride in seeing opportunity where others see challenges. We encourage employees to think like small business owners by taking ownership on projects and giving them the flexibility to take risks and embrace an evolving media landscape. Our team members excel at collaborating with internal and external partners and our culture fosters sharing ideas and treating all people with respect.
Are you one of us?
Job postings at Blue Ant Media:
Technology & Office Services
- Close Date
- 28 Apr 2017
- Merton Street
Blue Ant Media is a privately held international media company that owns and operates 10 media brands including Cottage Life, Love Nature, Smithsonian Channel Canada and Makeful. Blue Ant Media creates and distributes content worldwide ranging from nature to DIY, outdoor living to music, engaging fans across television, digital, magazines and live events. The company also owns Omnia Media, a YouTube network and Choice TV, a broadcast channel in New Zealand. Blue Ant Media is based in Toronto and has offices in Los Angeles, London (UK) and Auckland.
Our Media Services department is looking for a Conversion Technician to join a team that provides specialist support to all departments including tapeless workflows, metadata, video standards conversion, transmission and encoding.
Our team is customer orientated with the ability to respond quickly and precisely to fast turnarounds and deadlines. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 2 years' experience in a fast paced video file-based environment. This applicant possesses a positive and proactive approach to operations. In depth knowledge of bespoke transcoding is essential and some experience with international broadcast QC/QA would be a distinct advantage.
- Create custom video profiles for individual client deliverable needs
- Ensure the highest quality is met on every video profile produced
- Expertise in outside systems to be the most agile department
- Ensure 100% accuracy for all data deliveries
- Work a back shift with a mid-afternoon start time
Key Qualifications & Experience
- 1 to 2 years of experience in Post Production environment preferred
- 5+ Years with video standards conversion
- Post-secondary education or equivalent professional experience
- Strong sense of customer service
- Must be detail oriented and possess strong organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong problem resolution skills
- Self-starter with ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple simultaneous projects and tasks; works well under pressure
- Experience using multiple types of physical media (including how to mount them in all environments, troubleshoot issues, understand/articulate transfer speed capabilities)
- Ability to pick up new workflows quickly and adapt to ever changing technology
- Experience with and understanding of electronic delivery services (Aspera & Signiant products, etc.)
- Experience with Video standards (Rec 709, Rec 2020, HDR, NTSC/PAL)
- Video Operations (frame-rate conversion, aspect ratio conversion, scaling, resampling, de-interlacing, etc.)
- Working knowledge of Audio, UHD, HD and SD Video Signal Flow, Physical and File Based Formats, Aspect Ratios, Frame Rates and Conversion Processes
- In depth knowledge of audio/video, physical and file formats and electronic delivery platforms
- Ability to review and understand technical specs as they pertain to the creation of and delivery to broadcast and digital distribution platforms
- Proficient in transcode systems such as Vantage, Avid, Adobe Creative Suite, ProMedia Carbon
- Excellent QC skills on a file-based and a base-band level
Blue Ant Media celebrates diversity in both its programming and workforce. We encourage applications from individuals of all backgrounds who are eligible to work in Canada.
We thank all candidates for their interest in Blue Ant Media and we will reach out to those candidates that are under consideration. If you are contacted for an interview and require an accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise Human Resources.
Visit us at www.BlueAntMedia.ca.
Position Opened: April 13th, 2017
Position Closes: April 28th, 2017