Blue Ant Media is a privately held, international content producer, distributor and channel operator. From our production houses around the world, we create content for multiple genres including factual, factual entertainment, short-form digital series and kids programming. Our distribution business, Blue Ant International, offers a catalogue of 2,300+ hours of content, including the largest 4K natural history offering on the market. Blue Ant Media’s international channel business offers a portfolio of media brands such as Love Nature (International), ZooMoo Networks (International), Smithsonian Channel Canada, BBC Earth (Canada) and HGTV (New Zealand). Blue Ant Media is headquartered in Toronto, with operations in Los Angeles, Singapore, Auckland, Dunedin, London, Sydney, Beijing and Taipei.
Check us out at www.BlueAntMedia.ca.
Our brands are a product of our employees who are passionate experts in all of these areas. They are fanatical about creating outstanding content and experiences; and enthusiastic about delivering it on new and evolving platforms.
We actively seek out people who embody our core values—optimism, creativity, entrepreneurism, agility and integrity. We attract creative talents who are optimistic about the evolving future of content and who take pride in seeing opportunity where others see challenges. We encourage employees to think like small business owners by taking ownership on projects and giving them the flexibility to take risks and embrace an evolving media landscape. Our team members excel at collaborating with internal and external partners and our culture fosters sharing ideas and treating all people with respect.
Are you one of us?
Job postings at Blue Ant Media:
Manager, Insights & Analytics
Marketing & Communications
- Close Date
- 11 Aug 2017
- Toronto/Merton Street
The core responsibility of the Insights and Analytics Manager is to monitor, interpret and report the stories behind the numbers. His/her primary focus will be on competitive analysis and audience engagement trends for all domestic Blue Ant broadcast and print platforms. Additionally, projects that span platforms will require an understanding of social, digital and OTT metrics.
This role includes - among other things - developing comprehensive data-informed audience profiles as well as perspectives on the competitive media landscape. The Insights and Analytics team is embedded within the Programming department and supports the needs of several Blue Ant business units including Marketing, Sales, Traffic, Production and Corporate Administration.
Reporting to the Director, Video Strategy & Scheduling and managing the duties of the Analytics Coordinator, the role will be required to data-mine, navigate raw data, and generate insights for ad hoc individual projects, as well as initiate and lead larger team initiatives. The ideal candidate will be a results-focused individual with a natural sense of curiosity; desire to learn; and a passion for generating and sharing data supported insights and knowledge. This role will require a high degree of flexibility, motivation, and an ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast paced environment.
- Prepare and maintain regular reports that track audience performance and trends for internal distribution.
- Service all incoming Sales requests from channel profile to estimates for sponsorship packages. Analysis and interpretation of broadcast audience metrics, inclusive of competitors, to arm Sales with the strongest stories behind the numbers.
- Collaborate with Marketing to determine the effectiveness of on-channel campaigns and recommend strategic adaptations
- Quarterly Vividata reporting and profile analysis
- Build and maintain Sales rotations, audience estimates, and rates in broadcast sales proposal system (Reppak/Wide Orbit). Liaise with Sales, Programming, and Traffic departments to ensure inventory and rate cards are optimized.
- Prepare and maintain regular reports that track advertising revenue actuals and forecasts.
- Monitor the public domain for relevant news, developments, and information pertaining to evolving media usage trends and advertising effectiveness. Maintain and populate shared domain with relevant material.
- Troubleshoot research database or software issues. Process invoices and liaise with research/system suppliers as necessary.
Key Qualifications & Experience
- University or college education
- 5+ years minimum relevant experience
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office, with specific emphasis on Excel (spreadsheet manipulation) and PowerPoint (presentation set-up)
- Hands-on experience working with and manipulating data as well as setting up and/or maintaining spreadsheets
- Knowledge of CMF OFR and THT reporting requirement is an asset
- Strong communication skills with an ability to turn numbers into stories
- General knowledge of the advertising-sales business model as well as a basic understanding of media planning and advertising
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail is essential
- Experience working with media research tools (Infosys+, Vividata, Nielsen Clear Decisions/PMB, Google Analytics, comScore)
Blue Ant Media celebrates diversity in both its programming and workforce. We encourage applications from individuals of all backgrounds who are eligible to work in Canada.
We thank all candidates for their interest in Blue Ant Media and we will reach out to those candidates that are under consideration. If you are contacted for an interview and require an accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise Human Resources.