Blue Ant Media is a privately held, international content producer, distributor and channel operator. From our production houses around the world, we create content for multiple genres including factual, factual entertainment, short-form digital series and kids programming. Our distribution business, Blue Ant International, offers a catalogue of 2,300+ hours of content, including the largest 4K natural history offering on the market. Blue Ant Media’s international channel business offers a portfolio of media brands such as Love Nature (International), ZooMoo Networks (International), Smithsonian Channel Canada, BBC Earth (Canada) and HGTV (New Zealand). Blue Ant Media is headquartered in Toronto, with operations in Los Angeles, Singapore, Auckland, Dunedin, London, Sydney, Beijing and Taipei.
Check us out at www.BlueAntMedia.ca.
Our brands are a product of our employees who are passionate experts in all of these areas. They are fanatical about creating outstanding content and experiences; and enthusiastic about delivering it on new and evolving platforms.
We actively seek out people who embody our core values—optimism, creativity, entrepreneurism, agility and integrity. We attract creative talents who are optimistic about the evolving future of content and who take pride in seeing opportunity where others see challenges. We encourage employees to think like small business owners by taking ownership on projects and giving them the flexibility to take risks and embrace an evolving media landscape. Our team members excel at collaborating with internal and external partners and our culture fosters sharing ideas and treating all people with respect.
Are you one of us?
Job postings at Blue Ant Media:
Associate Web Editor, Cottage Life
- Close Date
- 11 Aug 2017
- Toronto/Merton Street
If you’re a savvy web editor with knowledge of the latest digital trends, who’s brimming with fresh ideas for clickable cabin-themed content, and who knows how to create the perfect S’more, there might be a spot for you at our campfire!
Cottage Life is an award-winning, multi-platform, outdoor lifestyle brand that spans web, print, TV, events and e-commerce. We’re looking for a skilled and enthusiastic digital editor to develop and publish content to our website and social channels as well as contribute to wider brand initiatives.
- Write, assign, and edit high-quality digital content, including articles, photo galleries, and infographics
- Craft highly clickable headlines, descriptions and call-to-actions for all content including video
- Merchandise site content to drive strong page/video consumption including mindful placement of related content widgets, embedded links and use of tags
- Develop article ideas and pitch them at weekly meetings
- Build and maintain a network of subject-matter experts and freelance writers
- Contribute to social media strategies and deployment
- Manage to digital performance and exceed audience and engagement targets
- Strategize and deploy weekly newsletters
- Collaborate on and execute branded content and marketing campaigns
Key Qualifications & Experience
- A palpable excitement for digital media and an innate interest in new industry trends
- Proven track record of driving engagement with content, notably video based content on site
- Strong knowledge of the outdoor lifestyle and leisure category
- Strong understanding of social media and how it contributes to the success of web audience/engagement metrics
- Experience using WordPress or other CMS platforms
- Comfortable working in a Mac / Google Apps environment
- Experience tracking digital performance using Google Analytics
- Deep familiarity with online communities like Reddit
- Extremely strong editorial skills, from substantive to copy editing
- Creative thinker/problem solver
- Solid experience in a digital media environment including strong understanding of how to deliver high performing video
- Experience managing email campaigns using Mailchimp or equivalent
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
- Experience with Photoshop or equivalent preferred
Blue Ant Media celebrates diversity in both its programming and workforce. We encourage applications from individuals of all backgrounds who are eligible to work in Canada.
We thank all candidates for their interest in Blue Ant Media and we will reach out to those candidates that are under consideration. If you are contacted for an interview and require an accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise Human Resources.