Blue Ant Media is a privately held, international content producer, distributor and channel operator. From our production houses around the world, we create content for multiple genres including factual, factual entertainment, short-form digital series and kids programming. Our distribution business, Blue Ant International, offers a catalogue of 2,300+ hours of content, including the largest 4K natural history offering on the market. Blue Ant Media’s international channel business offers a portfolio of media brands such as Love Nature (International), ZooMoo Networks (International), Smithsonian Channel Canada, BBC Earth (Canada) and HGTV (New Zealand). Blue Ant Media is headquartered in Toronto, with operations in Los Angeles, Singapore, Auckland, Dunedin, London, Sydney, Beijing and Taipei.
Check us out at www.BlueAntMedia.ca.
Our brands are a product of our employees who are passionate experts in all of these areas. They are fanatical about creating outstanding content and experiences; and enthusiastic about delivering it on new and evolving platforms.
We actively seek out people who embody our core values—optimism, creativity, entrepreneurism, agility and integrity. We attract creative talents who are optimistic about the evolving future of content and who take pride in seeing opportunity where others see challenges. We encourage employees to think like small business owners by taking ownership on projects and giving them the flexibility to take risks and embrace an evolving media landscape. Our team members excel at collaborating with internal and external partners and our culture fosters sharing ideas and treating all people with respect.
Are you one of us?
Job postings at Blue Ant Media:
Digital Editor, Makeful
- Close Date
- 31 Aug 2017
- Toronto/Merton Street
Are you a craft-obsessed, digitally savvy editor with close-knit ties to the DIY community? Do your online-shopping habits skew more Etsy than Amazon? Then you could be Makeful’s next digital editor!
Makeful is a multi-platform DIY brand celebrating the maker community and the creation of one-of-a-kind, handmade goods. Featuring passionate, entertaining makers who share their ideas and provide inspiration, Makeful’s online content combines food, design, style and wellness. Makeful also unites craft-enthusiasts and provides opportunities to learn new skills through its digital and social platforms. BeMakeful.com
● Write, assign, and edit high-quality DIY-related digital content, including articles, photo galleries, infographics, and video scripts
● Craft highly clickable headlines, descriptions, and calls-to-action for all content including video
● Appear on camera in brand videos and represent the brand at press events and consumer shows
● Collaborate on and execute branded content and marketing campaigns
● Merchandise site content to drive strong page/video consumption including mindful placement of related content widgets, embedded links and use of tags
● Develop article and video ideas and pitch them at weekly meetings
● Create and maintain detailed monthly editorial calendar
● Build and maintain a network of crafting experts and freelance writers
● Contribute to social media strategies and deployment
● Manage digital performance and exceed audience and engagement targets
● Strategize and deploy weekly newsletters
● Strong connection to women's lifestyle and DIY blogging and social influencer networks
● Passion for DIY, handmade goods and crafts, and a strong connection to the crafting community
● An excitement for digital media and an innate interest in new industry trends
● Proven track record of driving engagement with content, notably video content on site
● Strong understanding of social media and how it contributes to the success of web audience/engagement metrics
● Experience using WordPress or other CMS platforms
● Comfortable working in a Mac / Google Apps environment
● Experience tracking digital performance using Google Analytics
● Deep familiarity with online communities like Reddit and Pinterest
● Extremely strong editorial skills, from substantive to copy editing
● Creative thinker / problem solver
● Solid experience in a digital media environment, including strong understanding of how to deliver high-performing video
● Experience managing email campaigns using Mailchimp or equivalent
● Ability to work under tight deadlines
● Experience with Photoshop or equivalent preferred