Blue Ant Media is a privately held, international content producer, distributor and channel operator. From our production houses around the world, we create content for multiple genres including factual, factual entertainment, short-form digital series and kids programming. Our distribution business, Blue Ant International, offers a catalogue of 2,300+ hours of content, including the largest 4K natural history offering on the market. Blue Ant Media’s international channel business offers a portfolio of media brands such as Love Nature (International), ZooMoo Networks (International), Smithsonian Channel Canada, BBC Earth (Canada) and HGTV (New Zealand). Blue Ant Media is headquartered in Toronto, with operations in Los Angeles, Singapore, Auckland, Dunedin, London, Sydney, Beijing and Taipei.
Check us out at www.BlueAntMedia.ca.
Our brands are a product of our employees who are passionate experts in all of these areas. They are fanatical about creating outstanding content and experiences; and enthusiastic about delivering it on new and evolving platforms.
We actively seek out people who embody our core values—optimism, creativity, entrepreneurism, agility and integrity. We attract creative talents who are optimistic about the evolving future of content and who take pride in seeing opportunity where others see challenges. We encourage employees to think like small business owners by taking ownership on projects and giving them the flexibility to take risks and embrace an evolving media landscape. Our team members excel at collaborating with internal and external partners and our culture fosters sharing ideas and treating all people with respect.
Are you one of us?
Job postings at Blue Ant Media:
- Close Date
- 3 Nov 2017
Working out of our Toronto office, you will be a key player for our Canadian Media team. Reporting to the Senior Director, Video Strategy you will:
Responsibilities & Duties
- Oversee the production of series, single programs, shorts and development of digital media initiatives
- Review program pitches from independent producers and Blue Ant Media’s owned and operated production businesses, assessing the suitability for our Canadian channels and corporate objectives
- Work with third party producers and production companies to maintain adherence and accountability for aspects of editorial, budgetary, and production standards as well as contractual requirements for Canadian channels
- Provide notes on production concepts, casting, outlines and approve storylines for original series
- Provide notes and supervise the deliverables of production and post-production on green-lite shows, including guiding story development, reviewing rough cuts, editorial guidance and feedback
- Manage the business and legal deliverables for each green-lite project, inclusive of monthly financial reporting, cash flows and producers invoicing
- Attend shoots on location where necessary
- Manage and communicate the flow of information, materials, dates, schedules etc. and facilitate necessary approvals, materials, and information across various departments
- Liaise with sales team to provide integration ideas and supervise integration execution in production
- Supervise and conceptualize the production elements of the digital materials that emanate from assigned shows, i.e. webisodes/extra scenes/etc.
- Liaise between production community and internal departments, i.e.: International Distribution, Marketing, Cottage Life Magazine, Communications, etc., as it relates to the projects being managed
- Ensure the series are of the highest quality, delivered on time, on budget and as required to meet quarterly Channel and Distribution targets
- Creatively manage approximately 8 to 10 series at any given time
Experience & Qualifications
- Minimum 5 years’ experience producing lifestyle, factual and documentary content in a senior position
- Experience developing digital initiatives
- Experience creating and managing production budgets
- Experience with third party financing, inclusive but not limited to CMF, CAVCO, Bell Fund
- Experience managing international co-productions and multi-party financing productions
- Vast knowledge of production industry, inclusive of strong third party producer relationships
- Strong written, oral communication and organizational skills
Blue Ant Media celebrates diversity in both its programming and workforce. We encourage applications from individuals of all backgrounds who are eligible to work in Canada.
We thank all candidates for their interest in Blue Ant Media and we will reach out to those candidates that are under consideration. If you are contacted for an interview and require an accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise Human Resources.