Blue Ant Media is a privately held, international content producer, distributor and channel operator. From our production houses around the world, we create content for multiple genres including factual, factual entertainment, short-form digital series and kids programming. Our distribution business, Blue Ant International, offers a catalogue of 3,200+ hours of content, including the largest 4K natural history offering on the market. Blue Ant Media's international channel business offers a portfolio of media brands around the globe. Blue Ant Media is headquartered in Toronto, with operations in Los Angeles, Singapore, Auckland, Dunedin, London, Washington, Sydney, Beijing and Taipei. Follow us on: Twitter / LinkedIn / Instagram
Our productions and media brands are a product of our employees who are passionate experts in all of these areas. They are fanatical about creating outstanding content and experiences; and enthusiastic about delivering it on new and evolving platforms.
We actively seek out people who embody our core values: optimism, creativity, entrepreneurism, agility and integrity. We attract creative talents who are optimistic about the evolving future of content and who take pride in seeing opportunity where others see challenges. We encourage employees to think like small business owners by taking ownership on projects and giving them the flexibility to take risks and embrace an evolving media landscape. Our team members excel at collaborating with internal and external partners and our culture fosters sharing ideas and treating all people with respect.
Are you one of us?
Job postings at Blue Ant Media:
Digital Growth Lead (6-month contract)
- Close Date
- 1 Mar 2018
Blue Ant Media is looking for a media savvy Digital Growth Lead to oversee exponential growth of our pop music and culture digital publishing brand, A.Side. This role is part of our Canadian Media team and will report to the Senior Director, Digital & Sales Operations. The ideal candidate will manage our social media strategies both organic and paid help develop plans to increase site traffic and engagement, and lead overall brand presence online. Please note this is a 6 (six) month contract position with the possibility of extension.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Manage social platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube with an emphasis on Instagram
- Work with agency partners to drive efficient social fan growth and web traffic acquisition via paid media, including sponsored Facebook, Taboola, Outbrain and others
- Analyze and track social media analytics and optimize content strategy based on findings using customer feedback, A/B testing, etc.
- Work with sales team on pre-sales concepts, campaign execution and post reports
- Monitor trends, best practices, and techniques around digital media
- Write and share engaging daily headlines, copy and targeting keywords as needed
- Work closely with site editor to develop content strategy and achieve monthly goals
- Develop newsletter subscriber growth strategy
- Work with view team to develop series ideas and to publish and promote video content
- Leverage customer feedback, user testing and A/B testing to understand customer needs
Experience & Qualifications
- 3+ years of digital media marketing, lead-gen and social media experience
- Understanding of the digital media advertising business preferred
- Ability to thrive as a member of a small, passionate and agile team
- Passionate about both mainstream and indie music as well as women’s lifestyle issues
- Extremely social media savvy; knowledge of all social platforms and best practices
- Particular passion and skill on Instagram and knowledge of how to grow the platform
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical, and relationship-building skills
- Proficient in Google Analytics, Facebook Business Manager and Google Docs
- Knowledge of industry benchmark CPCs on Facebook and other platforms preferred
- Experience with WordPress and Mailchimp preferred
- Basic graphic design experience is an asset
- Data-driven with a relentless work ethic
Blue Ant Media celebrates diversity in both its programming and workforce. We encourage applications from individuals of all backgrounds who are eligible to work in Canada.
We thank all candidates for their interest in Blue Ant Media and we will reach out to those candidates that are under consideration. If you are contacted for an interview and require an accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise Human Resources.