Blue Ant Media is a privately held, international content producer, distributor and channel operator. From our production houses around the world, we create content for multiple genres including factual, factual entertainment, short-form digital series and kids programming. Our distribution business, Blue Ant International, offers a catalogue of 3,200+ hours of content, including the largest 4K natural history offering on the market. Blue Ant Media's international channel business offers a portfolio of media brands around the globe. Blue Ant Media is headquartered in Toronto, with operations in Los Angeles, Singapore, Auckland, Dunedin, London, Washington, Sydney, Beijing and Taipei. Follow us on: Twitter / LinkedIn / Instagram
Our productions and media brands are a product of our employees who are passionate experts in all of these areas. They are fanatical about creating outstanding content and experiences; and enthusiastic about delivering it on new and evolving platforms.
We actively seek out people who embody our core values: optimism, creativity, entrepreneurism, agility and integrity. We attract creative talents who are optimistic about the evolving future of content and who take pride in seeing opportunity where others see challenges. We encourage employees to think like small business owners by taking ownership on projects and giving them the flexibility to take risks and embrace an evolving media landscape. Our team members excel at collaborating with internal and external partners and our culture fosters sharing ideas and treating all people with respect.
Are you one of us?
Job postings at Blue Ant Media:
Social Media Specialist, Lifestyle
Sales & Marketing
- Close Date
- 12 Mar 2018
This role will own fan engagement for the Cottage Life and Makeful brands across all social and digital platforms with the aim to build organic reach and deepen fan engagement. This role is based in Toronto and will report directly to the Digital and Social Marketing Manager.
Responsibilities & Duties
● Social media content calendar planning, strategy and execution for Cottage Life and Makeful brands, balancing editorial and linear media priorities.
○ Create, source and curate a variety of customer-centered written and visual digital content across various formats (content calendars, images, gifs, infographics, website content and videos).
○ Implementation of paid activity with Digital Marketing Manager’s oversight
○ Accountable for channel performance against brand KPIs
● Work with Digital and Social Marketing Manager’s guidance to report on social activity, delivering weekly insights and quarterly deep dives inclusive of actionable insights and learnings.
● Own social fan engagement by listening and responding to fans to ensure customer service is timely and consistent, as well as engaging proactively in relevant hashtags and conversations.
● Cultivate and nurture relationships with fans, influencers and bloggers and affinity brand partner communities as needed.
● Responsible for the weekly creation, deployment and tracking of Makeful and Cottage Life newsletters.
● Work with graphic and video production teams and Digital Marketing Manager to create digital content for Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and websites as needed.
● Work cross-department with various brand stakeholders including linear programming, consumer shows and editorial teams.
● Keep linear websites up-to-date with new show information and/or visual assets.
● Flexibility to work occasional evenings and a few hours on weekends for specific show and brand launch initiatives.
Experience & Qualifications
● Minimum of 3 years experience in social media with a demonstrated focus on community building and fan engagement
● Project management skills with the ability to set and manage priorities, meet deadlines, and work autonomously
● Performance-driven approach to social media and digital marketing
● Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent experience in related field
● Proven ability to build engaged organic communities
● Savvy communication skills - written and visual
● Demonstrated expertise in planning and executing organic community management for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and Snapchat
● Strong working knowledge of Google Analytics (certification is a plus), Facebook Business Manager, MailChimp, and up-to-date digital marketing best practices
● Excellent interpersonal skills and team building skills; ability to work collaboratively in a cross functional organization and manage multiple stakeholders to deliver exceptional results
● A love of all things media
Blue Ant Media celebrates diversity in both its programming and workforce. We encourage applications from individuals of all backgrounds who are eligible to work in Canada.
We thank all candidates for their interest in Blue Ant Media and we will reach out to those candidates that are under consideration. If you are contacted for an interview and require an accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise Human Resources.