Blue Ant Media is a privately held, international content producer, distributor and channel operator. From our production houses around the world, we create content for multiple genres including factual, factual entertainment, short-form digital series and kids programming. Our distribution business, Blue Ant International, offers a catalogue of 3,200+ hours of content, including the largest 4K natural history offering on the market. Blue Ant Media's international channel business offers a portfolio of media brands around the globe. Blue Ant Media is headquartered in Toronto, with operations in Los Angeles, Singapore, Auckland, Dunedin, London, Washington, Sydney, Beijing and Taipei. Follow us on: Twitter / LinkedIn / Instagram
Our productions and media brands are a product of our employees who are passionate experts in all of these areas. They are fanatical about creating outstanding content and experiences; and enthusiastic about delivering it on new and evolving platforms.
We actively seek out people who embody our core values: optimism, creativity, entrepreneurism, agility and integrity. We attract creative talents who are optimistic about the evolving future of content and who take pride in seeing opportunity where others see challenges. We encourage employees to think like small business owners by taking ownership on projects and giving them the flexibility to take risks and embrace an evolving media landscape. Our team members excel at collaborating with internal and external partners and our culture fosters sharing ideas and treating all people with respect.
Are you one of us?
Job postings at Blue Ant Media:
Digital Analytics Specialist
- Close Date
- 25 Mar 2018
Blue Ant Media is seeking a self-motivated, agile and savvy Digital Analytics Specialist to join our media team in Toronto. This role will be in charge of evaluating, optimizing and implementing web and social monitoring and analysis processes and tools that will elevate our digital audiences and revenue.
Reporting to the Sr. Director, Digital and Sales Operations, this role will be the key lead reporting on website performance using Google Analytics. You will dig deep into web content post and video performance, site referral sources, engagement rates, user behaviour and web product experience and you will provide strategic guidance and insights to teams based on the data. This position will also report on and provide data insights across all social media and newsletter programs using Facebook Business Manager, Crimson Hexon, YouTube CMS, Mailchimp and other digital software. You will oversee our first party data and proactively make suggestions on how to better utilize it.
This role will also be responsible for the set-up and maintenance of Google Tag Manager (GTM) and Google Analytics, ensuring a best in class approach to tagging and pixel set-up and maintenance. Your ability to provide analysis and best practice on SEO is a huge plus.
The Digital Analytics Specialist will cultivate strong relationships with team leaders across Blue Ant Media to ensure data requirements are understood and you will drive our data and operations excellence.
Responsibilities & Duties
● Develop, implement and manage overall analytics monitoring and reporting processes for our digital media websites and social channels using Google Analytics, Facebook Business Manager, YouTube CMS and other software.
● Provide content, product and marketing teams with in-depth insights into how our sites perform and make strategic recommendations for content planning, product UX and marketing growth.
● Work closely with the digital sales team to provide audience data and insights on both pre-sales pitches as well as post sales campaign analysis reports for branded content.
● Use Google Tag Manager (GTM) to build custom audience lists for retargeting on AdWords and Social Platforms
● Work with product manager to ensure sites are tagged properly for site launches and maintained. You will develop a consistent process for company UTM tracking and other tagging.
● Deliver on periodic data and analysis requests from all levels of the company.
● Recommend process improvement opportunities that will boost growth, efficiency and the client experience.
Experience & Qualifications
● Expert level experience with Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager (GTM) both strategic and tactical
● Experience pulling, analyzing, and reporting data from Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Google Analytics and Comscore
● Skilled at applying and monitoring UTMs and web and social pixel tracking
● Knowledge of first party data and how it can be leveraged and managed
● Ability to create top notch data presentations in both spreadsheet and deck mode
● Strong presentation skills and comfort with explaining data to both experts and novices
● Savvy about digital media and industry trends with an obvious passion for data and how it can drive decision-making
● Experience with Google DFP and ad tech software a great asset
● Experience with Tableau and other business intelligence software a plus
Blue Ant Media celebrates diversity in both its programming and workforce. We encourage applications from individuals of all backgrounds who are eligible to work in Canada.
We thank all candidates for their interest in Blue Ant Media and we will reach out to those candidates that are under consideration. If you are contacted for an interview and require an accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise Human Resources.