Blue Ant Media is a privately held, international content producer, distributor and channel operator. From our production houses around the world, we create content for multiple genres including factual, factual entertainment, short-form digital series and kids programming. Our distribution business, Blue Ant International, offers a catalogue of 3,200+ hours of content, including the largest 4K natural history offering on the market. Blue Ant Media's international channel business offers a portfolio of media brands around the globe. Blue Ant Media is headquartered in Toronto, with operations in Los Angeles, Singapore, Auckland, Dunedin, London, Washington, Sydney, Beijing and Taipei. Follow us on: Twitter / LinkedIn / Instagram
Our productions and media brands are a product of our employees who are passionate experts in all of these areas. They are fanatical about creating outstanding content and experiences; and enthusiastic about delivering it on new and evolving platforms.
We actively seek out people who embody our core values: optimism, creativity, entrepreneurism, agility and integrity. We attract creative talents who are optimistic about the evolving future of content and who take pride in seeing opportunity where others see challenges. We encourage employees to think like small business owners by taking ownership on projects and giving them the flexibility to take risks and embrace an evolving media landscape. Our team members excel at collaborating with internal and external partners and our culture fosters sharing ideas and treating all people with respect.
Are you one of us?
Job postings at Blue Ant Media:
Manager, Print Production
- Close Date
- 31 Mar 2018
Blue Ant Media is immediately seeking a passionate, detail-oriented Manager, Print Production to support several consumer publications, including the award-winning Cottage Life and Outdoor Canada. Working cross functionally with Media Solutions, Consumer Marketing, Consumer Shows, Content and Art teams, the successful candidate will be responsible for the production cycle for each project or publication, provide leadership to 1-2 direct reports, and will manage the day-to-day relationship with several key vendors critical to business operations.
- Contribute knowledge, skill and experience to drive both readership and revenue growth for four key consumer publications
- Champion new processes, tools, and best practices as they relate to print and digital workflows
- Expertly manage the production cycle for each project including developing and managing work back schedules, creating easy-to-read print instructions, optimizing each print job, vendor sourcing, selection and negotiation, and quality control
- Triage book size and pagination of each publication working collaboratively with Content, Art and Media Solutions teams
- Manage day-to-day relationship including all communication with print vendors
- Create and/or update basic advertising material using InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Support revenue/expense tracking, forecasting and reporting in an MS Excel environment
- Lead all purchasing activities of the team from quoting, invoicing and payment requests
Key Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s and/or postgraduate degree in a related field
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience working in a print production environment (magazine experience an asset)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite, in particular InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, MS Word and MS Excel
- Superior organization, attention to detail, communication and teamwork skills (presentation skills an asset)
- Experience influencing and working productively with multiple internal and external partners
- Ability to prioritize work around competing deadlines
- Be a strong, proactive team player with a “can-do” attitude, able to challenge the status quo and ask tough questions to gain a better understanding
Blue Ant Media celebrates diversity in both its programming and workforce. We encourage applications from individuals of all backgrounds who are eligible to work in Canada.
We thank all candidates for their interest in Blue Ant Media and we will reach out to those candidates that are under consideration. If you are contacted for an interview and require an accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise Human Resources.