Blue Ant Media is a privately held, international content producer, distributor and channel operator. From our production houses around the world, we create content for multiple genres including factual, factual entertainment, short-form digital series and kids programming. Our distribution business, Blue Ant International, offers a catalogue of 3,200+ hours of content, including the largest 4K natural history offering on the market. Blue Ant Media's international channel business offers a portfolio of media brands around the globe. Blue Ant Media is headquartered in Toronto, with operations in Los Angeles, Singapore, Auckland, Dunedin, London, Washington, Sydney, Beijing and Taipei. Follow us on: Twitter / LinkedIn / Instagram
Our productions and media brands are a product of our employees who are passionate experts in all of these areas. They are fanatical about creating outstanding content and experiences; and enthusiastic about delivering it on new and evolving platforms.
We actively seek out people who embody our core values: optimism, creativity, entrepreneurism, agility and integrity. We attract creative talents who are optimistic about the evolving future of content and who take pride in seeing opportunity where others see challenges. We encourage employees to think like small business owners by taking ownership on projects and giving them the flexibility to take risks and embrace an evolving media landscape. Our team members excel at collaborating with internal and external partners and our culture fosters sharing ideas and treating all people with respect.
Are you one of us?
Job postings at Blue Ant Media:
Brand Marketing Manager (1-year contract)
Sales & Marketing
- Close Date
- 8 Apr 2018
Blue Ant Media is currently seeking a one-year contract Brand Marketing Manager, who comes with a true “builder’ mentality and proven track record of creating performance-driven campaigns that increase digital traffic, grow audience acquisition on and off-air and deepen fan engagement.
The Brand Marketing Manager is accountable for leading a team that builds and manages an exceptional fan experience in all phases of the path-to-content journey for our 8 niche passion brands BBC Earth, Love Nature, Smithsonian, Cottage Life, Makeful, T+E, Hifi and A.Side. This role is responsible for ensuring full integration of key brand campaigns across multiple touch points, on-air, across digital and social, in-field and other media channels as required to deliver audience growth milestones.
In this key role, you will be responsible for both strategy and execution. This integral team member should have excellent interpersonal and written communication skills, with the ability to write creative briefs, build and deploy multi-platform campaigns across owned and paid media channels. In addition, this role requires the ability to analyze campaign effectiveness, modify campaigns weekly based on audience ratings and monthly digital tracking, and clearly articulate results to stakeholders. This role is based in Toronto and reports directly to the Director of Marketing.
Responsibilities & Duties
● Through strong creative briefing and campaign management inspire and collaborate with in-house creative agency to develop impactful advertising creative for deployment on TV, digital and social media channels, in-field event activations and other media channels as required.
● Lead Brand Specialists in the on-going management and execution of organic and paid social media activity including community management, content development, social listening and analytics/reporting across our lifestyle, factual and entertainment brand portfolios.
● Collaborate with Insights, Content, Print and Digital Editorial, Communications, Sales, Ad Operations, Creative and Production to identify audience growth opportunities and develop recommendations to enhance the development and implementation of 360° integrated marketing programs.
● Act as internal Brand Champion for all creative assets, ensuring approved brand guidelines are maintained consistently across all brand touch points including promotional elements for on-air, websites, social channels, consumer shows and partner materials.
● Responsible for the supervision and career development of 3 direct reports: Factual Brand Specialist (BBC Earth, Love Nature, Smithsonian), Entertainment Brand Specialist (T+E, Hifi, A.Side) and Lifestyle Brand Specialist (Cottage Life and Makeful).
● Contribute to the F’19 budget planning process and ongoing management to ensure campaigns remain on target throughout the fiscal year for all assigned budget lines; ensure financial auditing processes are adhered to by team.
Experience & Qualifications
● 10+ years experience in brand building principles and managing the end-to-end customer lifecycle across multiple platforms including onboarding, retention and reactivation/win-back
● Minimum 5+ years experience in digital marketing with a focus on video-first product growth strategies
● Bachelor’s and/or postgraduate degree in related field
● Proficient in paid advertising on TV, digital and social media channels like Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Snapchat
● Demonstrated expertise in SEO/SEM, CPC, CPA, CRM, in-app marketing strategy and execution
● Proficient in Google Analytics (certification is a plus), Facebook Business Manager and MailChimp
● Ability to set and manage priorities, meet deadlines, and work autonomously
● Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively in a cross functional organization (with international counterparts) and manage multiple stakeholders to deliver exceptional results
● A love of all things media!
Blue Ant Media celebrates diversity in both its programming and workforce. We encourage applications from individuals of all backgrounds who are eligible to work in Canada. We thank all candidates for their interest in Blue Ant Media and we will reach out to those candidates that are under consideration. If you are contacted for an interview and require an accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise HR.