Blue Ant Media is a privately held, international content producer, distributor and channel operator. From our production houses around the world, we create content for multiple genres including factual, factual entertainment, short-form digital series and kids programming. Our distribution business, Blue Ant International, offers a catalogue of 3,500+ hours of content, including the largest 4K natural history offering on the market. Blue Ant Media's international channel business offers a portfolio of media brands around the globe. Blue Ant Media is headquartered in Toronto, with operations in Los Angeles, Singapore, Auckland, Dunedin, London, Washington, Sydney, Beijing and Taipei. Follow us on: Twitter / LinkedIn / Instagram
Our productions and media brands are a product of our employees who are passionate experts in all of these areas. They are fanatical about creating outstanding content and experiences; and enthusiastic about delivering it on new and evolving platforms.
We actively seek out people who embody our core values: optimism, creativity, entrepreneurism, agility and integrity. We attract creative talents who are optimistic about the evolving future of content and who take pride in seeing opportunity where others see challenges. We encourage employees to think like small business owners by taking ownership on projects and giving them the flexibility to take risks and embrace an evolving media landscape. Our team members excel at collaborating with internal and external partners and our culture fosters sharing ideas and treating all people with respect.
Are you one of us?
Job postings at Blue Ant Media:
Director of Marketing
Sales & Marketing
- Close Date
- 11 May 2018
Blue Ant Media is currently seeking a permanent full-time candidate who comes with a true “builder’ mentality and proven track record of creating performance-driven campaigns.
The Director of Marketing is accountable for leading a team that builds and manages audience delivery and exceptional fan experience across all media platforms for our 8 niche passion brands BBC Earth, Love Nature, Smithsonian, Cottage Life, Makeful, T+E, Hifi and A.Side. This role is responsible for ensuring full integration of brand initiatives across multiple touch points including on-air, across digital and social, in-field and other media channels as required to deliver audience growth milestones.
In this leadership role, you will be responsible to lead strategic planning and oversee execution targeting both direct consumer and B2B audiences. The successful candidate has a track record leading and developing a team of marketers, excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills, a deep history of writing creative briefs, building partnerships and deploying multi-platform campaigns across owned and paid media channels. In addition, this role requires the ability to analyze data from multiple sources and adjust strategies and tactics as necessary, as well as successfully plan and manage a budget. The role is based in Toronto and reports directly to the President, Canadian Media.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Through strong creative briefing and campaign management inspire and collaborate with in-house creative agency to develop impactful advertising creative for deployment on TV, digital and social media channels, in-field event activations and other media channels as required.
- Oversee the on-going management and execution of organic and paid social media activity including community management, content development, social listening and analytics/reporting across our lifestyle, factual and entertainment brand portfolios.
- Collaborate with Insights, Content, Print and Digital Editorial, Communications, Sales, Ad Operations, Creative and Production to identify audience growth opportunities and develop recommendations to enhance the development and implementation of 360° integrated marketing programs.
- Working with the Creative Director, act as internal Brand Champion for all brand assets, ensuring approved brand guidelines are maintained consistently across all brand touch points including promotional elements for on-air, websites, social channels, consumer shows and partner materials.
- Act as a marketing consultant for the Media Sales team to help guide their B2B marketing efforts as well as lead event management and execution for the annual sales upfront.
- Responsible for the supervision and career development of 4 team members.
- Lead the annual budget planning process for the Marketing team and then ongoing management to ensure campaigns remain on target throughout the year for all assigned budget lines
Experience & Qualifications
- 10+ years experience in brand building principles and managing the end-to-end customer lifecycle across multiple platforms including onboarding, retention and reactivation/win-back
- Proficient in developing and managing paid advertising on TV, digital and social media channels like Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Snapchat
- Extensive experience with digital marketing tactics including SEO/SEM, CPC, CPA, CRM, in-app marketing strategy and execution, with a focus on video-first product growth strategies
- A successful track record building team members into great marketers
- Proficient in interpreting Numeris & Comscore audience data as well as Google Analytics
- Ability to set and manage priorities, meet deadlines, and work autonomously
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively in a cross functional organization (with international counterparts) and manage multiple stakeholders to deliver exceptional results
- Bachelor’s and/or postgraduate degree in related field
- A love of all things media!
Blue Ant Media celebrates diversity in both its programming and workforce. We encourage applications from individuals of all backgrounds who are eligible to work in Canada. We thank all candidates for their interest in Blue Ant Media and we will reach out to those candidates that are under consideration. If you are contacted for an interview and require an accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise HR.