Blue Ant Media is a privately held, international content producer, distributor and channel operator. From our production houses around the world, we create content for multiple genres including factual, factual entertainment, short-form digital series and kids programming. Our distribution business, Blue Ant International, offers a catalogue of 3,500+ hours of content, including the largest 4K natural history offering on the market. Blue Ant Media's international channel business offers a portfolio of media brands around the globe. Blue Ant Media is headquartered in Toronto, with operations in Los Angeles, Singapore, Auckland, Dunedin, London, Washington, Sydney, Beijing and Taipei. Follow us on: Twitter / LinkedIn / Instagram
Our productions and media brands are a product of our employees who are passionate experts in all of these areas. They are fanatical about creating outstanding content and experiences; and enthusiastic about delivering it on new and evolving platforms.
We actively seek out people who embody our core values: optimism, creativity, entrepreneurism, agility and integrity. We attract creative talents who are optimistic about the evolving future of content and who take pride in seeing opportunity where others see challenges. We encourage employees to think like small business owners by taking ownership on projects and giving them the flexibility to take risks and embrace an evolving media landscape. Our team members excel at collaborating with internal and external partners and our culture fosters sharing ideas and treating all people with respect.
Are you one of us?
Job postings at Blue Ant Media:
- Close Date
- 6 Jul 2018
We have an opportunity for a Full-stack Developer (75% front-end / 25% back-end) to join our team in Toronto (no remote—sorry). You’ll be working on premium niche digital brands like Cottage Life, Makeful, A.Side, and Animalogic (to name a few). You will support the coding strategy and execution on WordPress-based site frameworks across a variety of in-house websites. We’d like you to be curious and courageous enough to bring new technologies into the fold. You have a chance to be part of a small team and make a huge impact on our digital culture, processes and results.
We’re looking for someone who is detail-oriented but can also see the bigger picture. You’re interested in supporting your team and you enjoy growing your skills by rising to challenges. You’re flexible and understand that clients aren’t an impediment to doing great work, rather, they are an opportunity to do your best work. You use We more than I. You’re a great communicator who strives to create context and visibility for everyone involved on a project. When you are stressed you can still communicate effectively and manage your stress in positive and productive way.
Skills & Requirements
● 2+ years of digital agency, digital media or product team experience.
● Capable of scoping and estimating your work
● Able to work against tight timelines and adjusting requirements
● Thrives in a team environment as part of a larger media team
● A knack for writing semantically meaningful, object oriented and reusable code
● Extensive experience with responsive SCSS
○ You can demonstrate your work with CSS animations and transitions
● WordPress Expertise
○ Using WordPress best practices for JS and CSS management
○ Building custom themes from design files
○ Creating child-themes to modify pre-built themes
○ Familiarity with WP-CLI and Composer
● Experience with Webpack, Bower, NPM, Grunt, and/or Gulp
● Experience using Git and GitFlow
● Familiarity with building for accessibility and AODA Compliance
● Familiarity implementing structured data for SEO/SEM
● A good understanding of client-side performance tuning, security and optimization (caching, CDNs, request management, cookies, http, https, etc.)
● Experience integrating third-party APIs
Blue Ant Media celebrates diversity in both its programming and workforce. We encourage applications from individuals of all backgrounds who are eligible to work in Canada.
We thank all candidates for their interest in Blue Ant Media and we will reach out to those candidates that are under consideration. If you are contacted for an interview and require an accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise Human Resources.