Blue Ant Media is a privately held, international content producer, distributor and channel operator. From our production houses around the world, we create content for multiple genres including factual, factual entertainment, short-form digital series and kids programming. Our distribution business, Blue Ant International, offers a catalogue of 3,500+ hours of content, including the largest 4K natural history offering on the market. Blue Ant Media's international channel business offers a portfolio of media brands around the globe. Blue Ant Media is headquartered in Toronto, with operations in Los Angeles, Singapore, Auckland, Dunedin, London, Washington, Sydney, Beijing and Taipei. Follow us on: Twitter / LinkedIn / Instagram
Our productions and media brands are a product of our employees who are passionate experts in all of these areas. They are fanatical about creating outstanding content and experiences; and enthusiastic about delivering it on new and evolving platforms.
We actively seek out people who embody our core values: optimism, creativity, entrepreneurism, agility and integrity. We attract creative talents who are optimistic about the evolving future of content and who take pride in seeing opportunity where others see challenges. We encourage employees to think like small business owners by taking ownership on projects and giving them the flexibility to take risks and embrace an evolving media landscape. Our team members excel at collaborating with internal and external partners and our culture fosters sharing ideas and treating all people with respect.
Are you one of us?
Job postings at Blue Ant Media:
Media Asset Librarian (6-month contract)
Technology & Office Services
- Close Date
- 10 Jul 2018
We are looking for a skilled and enthusiastic Media Asset Librarian to join our Media Services department. Reporting to the System Administrator, this position will be responsible for supporting the deliveries of media assets to our Broadcast and International departments.
- Organize/maintain the tape library
- LTA archive/retrieval
- Send/retrieve digital assets
- Ensure media content adheres to Blue Ant Media technical specifications
- Tape capture, on a per requested basis
Key Qualifications and Experience
- University degree or College diploma preferably in Library Tech, Library Sciences, Broadcast media or related field
- Must have knowledge of historical and current media formats, aspect ratios and broadcast standards, including video tapes and video files
- Experience with digital archive strategies, records management, library and information management, or archive management
- Resourceful and quick learner, requiring minimal supervision, managing conflicting priorities and meeting deadlines
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
Other Desirable Skills
- Experience within a physical media library environment is an asset
- Knowledge of Broadcast and Film Production workflows
Blue Ant Media celebrates diversity in both its programming and workforce. We encourage applications from individuals of all backgrounds who are eligible to work in Canada.
We thank all candidates for their interest in Blue Ant Media and we will reach out to those candidates that are under consideration. If you are contacted for an interview and require an accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise Human Resources.