Blue Ant Media is a privately held, international content producer, distributor and channel operator. From our production houses around the world, we create content for multiple genres including factual, factual entertainment, short-form digital series and kids programming. Our distribution business, Blue Ant International, offers a catalogue of 3,500+ hours of content, including the largest 4K natural history offering on the market. Blue Ant Media's international channel business offers a portfolio of media brands around the globe. Blue Ant Media is headquartered in Toronto, with operations in Los Angeles, Singapore, Auckland, Dunedin, London, Washington, Sydney, Beijing and Taipei. Follow us on: Twitter / LinkedIn / Instagram
Our productions and media brands are a product of our employees who are passionate experts in all of these areas. They are fanatical about creating outstanding content and experiences; and enthusiastic about delivering it on new and evolving platforms.
We actively seek out people who embody our core values: optimism, creativity, entrepreneurism, agility and integrity. We attract creative talents who are optimistic about the evolving future of content and who take pride in seeing opportunity where others see challenges. We encourage employees to think like small business owners by taking ownership on projects and giving them the flexibility to take risks and embrace an evolving media landscape. Our team members excel at collaborating with internal and external partners and our culture fosters sharing ideas and treating all people with respect.
Are you one of us?
Job postings at Blue Ant Media:
Account Executive, Cottage Life Magazine and Shows
- Close Date
- 10 Aug 2018
- Edmonton, AB
Blue Ant Media’s Toronto-based Cottage Life family of media includes magazines, consumer shows, and digital media. Our annual consumer shows include the Toronto-based Spring and Fall Cottage Life Shows and Seasons Christmas Show, the Ottawa Cottage Life & Backyard Show, and the Edmonton Cottage Life & Cabin Show, collectively drawing 75,000 attendees and 1,400 exhibiting companies. Cottage Life magazine reaches 1.4 million readers every issue. It has been named Magazine of the Year and was named 2017 Multi-Platform Brand of the Year. Cottage Life TV is watched in over 2.5 million Canadian homes, and our digital and social properties reach another 1 million fans.
Blue Ant Media is currently seeking an Account Executive to join the Cottage Life team! Reporting to the Toronto-based Director of Consumer Shows and Director of Lifestyle Sales + Brand Integration, this is a multi-faceted role with big opportunity for growth.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Responsible for sales of exhibit space in the Edmonton Cottage Life & Cabin Show
- Responsible for sales of sponsorships, national and regional magazine and digital advertising for Cottage Life in Western Canada territory
- Make outgoing sales call daily by telephone and email, makes in-person sales calls, and attends key consumer shows
- Work to meet or exceed weekly, monthly, and overall sales goals
- Develop sales strategies to meet and exceed targets
- Prospect and develops new business and grow existing business
- Track sales activity with CRM and provide weekly reports to the Directors
- Responsible for client meetings and on-going servicing of clients to ensure a smooth sales process (booth space selection, ad approval, contracting, payment)
- Work with National show management team to develop floor plans, assign booth locations, move-in plans and show operations
- Assist national show management team in on-site show management of Western shows
- Support show marketing team's efforts to developing advertising creative, media buy, show features and décor
- Spearheads development of new consumer shows in Western Canada
Experience & Qualifications
- Must reside in Western Canada (AB or BC) with Edmonton preferred
- Minimum 5 years of sales experience in trade or consumer shows, print media, and/or digital media
- Professional and/or personal experience in key markets (cottage/cabin, building products, outdoor lifestyle, marine/power sports, etc.)
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Ability to work independently, and is self-driven
- Strong written and oral communications skills; computer literacy
- Ability to travel within Canada to attend trade/consumer shows, client meetings, etc. as required
- Ability to work flexible hours including occasional evenings and weekends
- A positive entrepreneurial attitude with a desire to continually improve performance and grow the business
Blue Ant Media celebrates diversity in both its programming and workforce. We encourage applications from individuals of all backgrounds who are eligible to work in Canada.
We thank all candidates for their interest in Blue Ant Media and we will reach out to those candidates that are under consideration. If you are contacted for an interview and require an accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise Human Resources.