Blue Ant Media is a privately held, international content producer, distributor and channel operator. From our production houses around the world, we create content for multiple genres including factual, factual entertainment, short-form digital series and kids programming. Our distribution business, Blue Ant International, offers a catalogue of 3,500+ hours of content, including the largest 4K natural history offering on the market. Blue Ant Media's international channel business offers a portfolio of media brands around the globe. Blue Ant Media is headquartered in Toronto, with operations in Los Angeles, Singapore, Auckland, Dunedin, London, Washington, Sydney, Beijing and Taipei. Follow us on: Twitter / LinkedIn / Instagram
Our productions and media brands are a product of our employees who are passionate experts in all of these areas. They are fanatical about creating outstanding content and experiences; and enthusiastic about delivering it on new and evolving platforms.
We actively seek out people who embody our core values: optimism, creativity, entrepreneurism, agility and integrity. We attract creative talents who are optimistic about the evolving future of content and who take pride in seeing opportunity where others see challenges. We encourage employees to think like small business owners by taking ownership on projects and giving them the flexibility to take risks and embrace an evolving media landscape. Our team members excel at collaborating with internal and external partners and our culture fosters sharing ideas and treating all people with respect.
Are you one of us?
Job postings at Blue Ant Media:
Production Coordinator (Washington, D.C. Area)
- Close Date
- 21 Dec 2018
- Washington, D.C. Area/USA
Love Nature is currently seeking an organized, experienced, and deadline driven Production Coordinator (based in the Washington, D.C. area) to manage deliverables, and provide network production management and administrative support. The person in this position must be flexible, detail oriented, a self-starter, highly organized, collaborative, and able to multi-task with many people and requests.
NOTE: This is not a television production position.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Deliverables Management:
- Expertly track and manage incoming and outgoing promotional, legal, and technical deliverables, including but not limited to cuts, treatments, logos, master delivery, raw source materials, credits, etc.
- Coordinate deliverables on a daily basis with producers and Blue Ant Post Production for distribution
- Track and upload deliverables on a daily basis to files, schedules, and shared Google Drive
- Manage production schedules and coordinate workflow to meet delivery requirements and timelines
- Assist Global Network departments including Marketing, Business Affairs, International Sales, and others
- Manage and coordinate Love Nature SOCAN original music library with Jingle Punks
- Production management support:
- Maintain and distribute Producers Toolkit
- Update Promotional & Legal Deliverables and Technical Specifications
- Provide financial support including vendor set up; purchase order implementation/tracking; financial tracking/invoicing
- Assist with contract exhibit preparation
- Assist with budget & reporting contract compliance.
- Provide assistance for project pre-pro set up through delivery (i.e. managing tech/deliverables kick-off call with producer)
- Overall network operations assistance:
- Provide general office support and administration (i.e. answering phones, tech issues, photocopy, and office supplies, property management and vendor liaison)
- Assist department managers with meeting set-up, travel plan/itinerary, and expense reporting (as needed)
- Assist department managers with production company communication and development/production processes including treatment, cut, and schedule review (as needed)
- Assist with creating, tracking, updating and distributing departmental reports and presentation materials (as needed)
- Special projects and work coverage as assigned
Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university
- Minimum two (2) years’ relevant work experience in Production or similar environment
- Experience in television content deliverables
- Exceptional organizational, time management, and communication skills
- Strong written and verbal skills, with the ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with a broad range of constituencies
- Strong ability to prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines with great attention to detail
- Comfortable liaising with clients and colleagues in a friendly and efficient manner
- Technical aptitude with ability to use, learn, and implement new software/hardware; general understanding of post-production formats (HD, UHD, HDR)
- Ability to trouble shoot and provide technical assistance to clients and team members
- Familiar with data input and database management (i.e. GoogleDrive)
- Experience with invoicing, record-keeping, and expense tracking
- Ability to self-manage projects as well as execute on complex instructions using good judgment
- Should be proficient in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Adobe
- Should have legal right to work in the United States
Blue Ant Media celebrates diversity in both its programming and workforce. We encourage applications from individuals of all backgrounds who are eligible to work in the United States.
We thank all candidates for their interest in Blue Ant Media and we will reach out to those candidates that are under consideration.