Blue Ant Media is a privately held, international content producer, distributor and channel operator. From our production houses around the world, we create content for multiple genres including factual, factual entertainment, short-form digital series and kids programming. Our distribution business, Blue Ant International, offers a catalogue of 3,500+ hours of content, including the largest 4K natural history offering on the market. Blue Ant Media's international channel business offers a portfolio of media brands around the globe. Blue Ant Media is headquartered in Toronto, with operations in Los Angeles, Singapore, Auckland, Dunedin, London, Washington, Sydney, Beijing and Taipei. Follow us on: Twitter / LinkedIn / Instagram
Our productions and media brands are a product of our employees who are passionate experts in all of these areas. They are fanatical about creating outstanding content and experiences; and enthusiastic about delivering it on new and evolving platforms.
We actively seek out people who embody our core values: optimism, creativity, entrepreneurism, agility and integrity. We attract creative talents who are optimistic about the evolving future of content and who take pride in seeing opportunity where others see challenges. We encourage employees to think like small business owners by taking ownership on projects and giving them the flexibility to take risks and embrace an evolving media landscape. Our team members excel at collaborating with internal and external partners and our culture fosters sharing ideas and treating all people with respect.
Are you one of us?
Job postings at Blue Ant Media:
Tax Analyst (4-month contract)
- Close Date
- 2 Feb 2019
Blue Ant Media has an immediate opportunity for a Tax Analyst (minimum 4-month contract) to assist the Senior Manager of Treasury and Tax. The primary responsibility is to assist with various taxation deliverables. The company’s tax filings include corporate tax returns in Canada, United States and United Kingdom, Canadian employee filings, and media industry government funding in Canada.
The successful candidate will be a person who is able to organize and accurately complete a variety of assignments in various types of tax.
- Responsible for accumulating, validating and consolidating financial information for income tax and statutory filings.
- Assist in analyzing and interpreting financial data.
- Assist in preparing accounting reconciliations.
- File, maintain, and organize electronic files and records.
- Pull raw data from the general ledger system and use spreadsheets to perform analysis.
- Prepare responses and analysis to various Canadian Revenue Agency inquiries.
- Prepare responses and analysis to external tax consultant inquiries.
- Assist with other treasury responsibilities as required
Key Qualifications & Experience
- Post secondary education in accounting, finance or business administration and/or equivalent work experience
- Proficient in MS Office, particularly Excel and Word
- Willingness to work effectively both independently and on a team
- Effective communication skills both oral and written
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
Blue Ant Media celebrates diversity in both its programming and workforce. We encourage applications from individuals of all backgrounds who are eligible to work in Canada.
We thank all candidates for their interest in Blue Ant Media and we will reach out to those candidates that are under consideration. If you are contacted for an interview and require an accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise Human Resources.