Blue Ant Media is a privately held, international content producer, distributor and channel operator. From our production houses around the world, we create content for multiple genres including factual, factual entertainment, short-form digital series and kids programming. Our distribution business, Blue Ant International, offers a catalogue of 3,500+ hours of content, including the largest 4K natural history offering on the market. Blue Ant Media's international channel business offers a portfolio of media brands around the globe. Blue Ant Media is headquartered in Toronto, with operations in Los Angeles, Singapore, Auckland, Dunedin, London, Washington, Sydney, Beijing and Taipei. Follow us on: Twitter / LinkedIn / Instagram
Our productions and media brands are a product of our employees who are passionate experts in all of these areas. They are fanatical about creating outstanding content and experiences; and enthusiastic about delivering it on new and evolving platforms.
We actively seek out people who embody our core values: optimism, creativity, entrepreneurism, agility and integrity. We attract creative talents who are optimistic about the evolving future of content and who take pride in seeing opportunity where others see challenges. We encourage employees to think like small business owners by taking ownership on projects and giving them the flexibility to take risks and embrace an evolving media landscape. Our team members excel at collaborating with internal and external partners and our culture fosters sharing ideas and treating all people with respect.
Are you one of us?
Job postings at Blue Ant Media:
Master Control Operator (6-month contract)
Technology & Office Services
- Close Date
- 28 Feb 2019
Blue Ant Media Inc. is currently looking for a Master Control Operator. This position will be responsible for data integrity and on-air quality across all brands.
MCR Daily Performance Duties
- Maintain a high level of On-Air Quality
- Continuous monitoring of audio, video and captioning, graphics, descriptive video on both domestic and international feeds
- Troubleshoot and respond to third party clients, BDU’s on outages
- Manage Automation Playlists and Import/export and modification of traffic log content of both domestic and international feeds
- Ensure programming, promotional & commercial content are consistent with scheduling
- Downloading of commercial content as per traffic instructions
- Confirm presence of correct on-air graphics (secondary events) and closed captioning .scc files
- Performing regular maintenance and cleanup of Master Control storage and archive
- Assist with technical upgrades, maintenance and repairs
- Assist with Closed Captioning duties as assigned (importing, exporting, etc.)
- Perform any live system switches as required; Department On-Air Discrepancy reporting and follow-up.
- Digital Downloads - Ensure all files are delivered with proper frame rate and formats
- Ingest, Marker/Trim, and general QC of content
- Reporting of accepted deliveries to various departments for use
- Media movement and registration within storage, automation and traffic systems for editing, on-air playout, on-demand services, etc.
- Coordination with Media Asset Management team (when implemented) for media movement and storage
- Liaise as necessary with suppliers to ensure timely delivery of media assets including all deliverable.
- Perform Quality Control for on-air programming to ensure it is acceptable for air (eg. no editing, audio, dubbing or editorial issues)
- Ability to work all shifts including weekend and overnight shifts.
Skills & Experience:
- Must be fluent in English with preference given to bilingual French
- Ability to work cross‐functionally with various departments to ensure all teams interface efficiently
- Knowledge of Broadcast Centre Signal Flow
- Technical or Operational knowledge of the following systems preferred, but not limited to:
o Evertz Mediator Automation
o Telestream Vantage Transcoding
o ProMedia Carbon (Rhozet) System
o FTP, Filezilla and web portal transfers and management
o Microsoft Excel
o Google Gmail and Applications
- Familiarity with multiple aspect ratios and UHD technology
- Ability to troubleshoot issues and efficiently meet tight deadlines
- Good communication skills and strong technical vocabulary
- Understanding of non-linear editing practices and all formats of technical specifications (North American and International)
- Responsibility for and “ownership” of on-air look and feel through data integrity, troubleshooting and problem-solving abilities
- Self starter that demonstrates initiative and ability to work both independently and as a member of a core programming team
- Post-secondary education in a television/broadcast media-related discipline is an asset
Blue Ant Media celebrates diversity in both its programming and workforce. We encourage applications from individuals of all backgrounds who are eligible to work in Canada.
We thank all candidates for their interest in Blue Ant Media and we will reach out to those candidates that are under consideration. If you are contacted for an interview and require an accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise Human Resources.